Sunday, April 8, 2012

Fried rice recipe (brown rice)

Fried rice is we eat in my family all the time. I have been cooking since I was probably about 12 or 13 years. Fried rice is a dish another learn how to make step mother,. It is an amazing Cook and is the person responsible for the love and the ability to cook my Asian dishes as well. However, the fact that my parents side in families living in manufactured when I was young in a limited number of genuine components available. This course also put an end to my learning about these components. The tell me about some of the things her mother used or some items she wished she could find, but simply wasn't available.


Fortunately for me, I live in a big city now and you can get anything I want without even driving away too and there's always the Internet. However, the fried rice with any of these exotic, hard to find items, but during a trip to my local Asian market to perfect this recipe and made ready to share with you. About a month ago, my husband and I in "Asian market" me (with children) and arrived in a long conversation and very impressive with this ancient Chinese women slightly. I'm not entirely sure why, but it always ends up talking to people I don't know when I go the grocery store. She totally reminded me of my grandmother's Chinese version with obvious love for cooking and a passion for the correct components. She walked me around the store showing me all her favorite things to use and refer to errors in the cart. It was very cool, at least for food nerd like me! When we got to the sausages, sweet Chinese sausage recalled that take her fried rice. Suddenly a Flash back of me cooking fried rice with the step mother and her saying (very heavy Thai tone) "it never tastes right because you cannot get bread sweet anywhere here". So here is my version of fried rice, including sweet sausage that has been missing all these years!


Components


Oyster sauce 1/2
Chicken 1 1/2 lb marinated


3 c uncooked rice


Small dice onions c 2 1/2 (1/4 "piece or so, not necessarily ideal)
1 teplice ginger finely chopped
1 teplice garlic minced
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 sweet Chinese sausage links
10 ounces frozen peas
Soy sauce 3 teplice


Instructions


1. put your chicken in bagi size gallon or a large pot with oyster sauce and let that soak in vinegar for 2-3 hours
2. Cook the rice in your rice cooker, if you do not have to Cook rice, prepared on the stove
3. spread cooked rice to pan sheet (cookie sheet) and allow to cool for 30-40 minutes, stirring once or twice
4. allow rice set 30 minutes extra dry a bit
* If you skip step 3 and 4 you may end up with sticky rice klombi in the end-not the Gobi so delicious, I've heard also use rice day old "but did not do so myself
5. saute the onion, ginger and garlic with salt and pepper until onion half transparent (called sweating onions in a kitchen professional)
6. Add chicken and bread in the batter and cook until chicken
7. Add the peas and cook until they get bright color, about 2 minutes if you add frozen
8. reduce your heat to Mediterranean, add rice, fold two or three times
9. soy sauce for the top-try to flow evenly across the top complete
10. Cook rice until heated through (about 2-3 minutes), collapse every minute or so


* Note about frozen veggies-use frozen veggies in two of my recipes. You may be surprised to hear this, but if you are using a famous brand, they usually have high nutritional content. Sometimes they have even higher levels of vitamin and then fresh depending on how the vegetables out of these plants. Thanks aikf (individual quick freezing) that are now almost every time, keep veggies more vitamins and minerals that you want. Also generally it's frozen on the day that you harvested, and in some cases can be within hours of harvest. This huge regarding nutrition. I would recommend checking the source of your frozen veggies if that's a concern for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment